Federal lawmakers of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Caucus has approved the nomination of Oyo state Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde as the South West Leader of the party in its resolve to reposition the party in the region with the hope of ensuring that divisions are completely stamped out in the party.
The National Assembly South West Caucus which comprises of Senators and House of Representatives members who were elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in the zone took the decision in order to avoid unnecessary skirmishes in the forth coming South West Congresses and also to correct some unorthodox egoistic moves by some state chapters that are trying to cause confusion in their state congresses recently.
The Caucus also noted that the constitutional provision of the party were flouted by some leaders who did not follow due processes of conducting their congresses which has created parallel executives of the party in some south west states.
The lawmakers caucus further said that the decision was taken in order to forestall disorderliness which is gradually rearing its ugly head like it happened in 2016 which polarized the party in the elections that followed in Ondo and Ekiti states.
The caucus expressly warned the National Working Committee of the party not to recognize any list sent to them by any individual(s) no matter how highly placed from the region unless it has the consent of Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State.
The caucus also warned that doing otherwise would cause avoidable confusions and may have negative effects on the party during electoral processes and general elections the nearest future.
The caucus in a resolution said it adopted the following decisions which appear more or less like a communique concluded as follow:-
“At a meeting of the National Assembly Caucus of our party, the PDP, held in Abuja on the 26th of August, 2020 the following decisions were unanimously adopted.
(1) That the leader of the party in the Zone is His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde,.
(2) That all PDP issues in the Zone must be channeled through him as our leader in the South West Zone.
(3) That all elected members from the Zone are solidly behind him.
(4) That the National Working Committee should take note and act Accordingly.
(5) That Senator Ayo Akinyelure and Hon. Muraina Ajibola were duly elected as the Chairman and Secretary of the caucus.
(6) That the Caucus congratulates Governor Makinde and pray for wisdom to reconcile, resolve and re-position the party in the zone.
(7) The meeting urged His Excellency, the leader, Governor Makinde to quickly intervene and resolve the issues of contentious congresses in the Zone, especially Ekiti State.
(8) That the modalities for the Zonal Congresses be set in motion by the leader of the zone, His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde
(9) That all leaders and members of the party in the Zone are hereby enjoined to team up with the Leader in his efforts at re-positioning the party for more electoral successes in the zone.
The resolution was signed by Senator Ayo Akinyelure, Senator Kola Balogun, Senator Biodun Olujinmi, Hon. Oluwole Oke, Hon. Kolade V. Akinjo, Hon. Oghene Egoh, Soyinka Olatunji, Tajudeen Obasa, Adedeji Stanley Olajide, Hon. Bamidele Salam, Hon. Ajilesoro Taofeek, Omolafe Adedayo, Dr. Hon. Ajibola Muraina, Senator Francis Fadahunsi, Senator Nicholas Tofowomo, Hon, Yemi Taiwo and Hon. Abass Adigun Agboworin.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. Opinion articles, comments are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of BlazeNewz while we endeavour to keep the information accurate with objectivity as we adhere to global practice of journalism. Read our full Disclaimer.
Politics11 months ago
Breaking: Appeal Court Sacks Ekiti APC Senator, Adeyeye Declares PDP, Olujimi Winner
News10 months ago
I’m Not Afraid Of Death– Obasanjo
Politics2 years ago
Rivers Guber ”In The End, It Will Be A Sweet Victory” Wike Tells Party Members
Foreign6 months ago
Breaking : Another Virus, Hantavirus Surfaces In China
Sponsored Posts2 years ago
Come And Learn Yoruba Traditional Druming and Dancing
Entertainment2 years ago
FULL LIST: Beyonce, Jay Z, Ariana Grande, Others Win Big At 2019 Brit Awards
Politics1 year ago
2023 Presidency : Northern Youths Drum Support For Tinubu, Lambast El-Rufai Over Zoning Comment
Featured2 years ago
Concern Citizens Write Buhari Over Kano Inconclusive Guber