It is my utmost pleasure to rejoice with all Nigerians as we enter the year 2019, which will be a very significant one for our country.
2. At the turn of every year, we often use the opportunity to look back at the past and forward to the future. To review the outgoing year, its high and low points, successes and failures, and be fully thankful to God.
3. We Nigerians are a religious people, and we believe that God reigns and rules in the affairs of men. A time like this offers precious opportunity for thanksgiving, stock taking and reflection on goals and targets set for the receding year, and how much was accomplished. The ones not done can then be rolled over into a new year.
4. The dawn of a New Year is also a time to look forward. To consider new prospects, unfold our plans, and prepare for landmark dates and events.
5. 2019 will be an election year for us. In about two months, the polls are due, and we will elect leaders into various offices, at national and state levels.
6. As I welcome you into 2019, I also reiterate my many promises and declarations that the general elections will be free, fair and credible.
7. Elections need not be do or die affair, and we should not approach that eventuality in a democracy with trepidation and mortal fear. Happily, a large number of presidential candidates have committed to peace, and peace we shall have.
8. Those who continue to trumpet falsehood and negativity are on their own, fighting a losing battle. The greater number of Nigerians are trusting and believing that we shall deliver on our promises for a level playing field at the polls, and that is what we shall do.
9. Nigerians desire peace, security, prosperity, inclusiveness and infrastructural development, a nation they can be proud of, a country that can hold its own among the nations.
10. That is the journey we have embarked on since we came onboard in 2015, and we are not distracted as we move on. We are resolved to build a country in which the resources are utilized for the benefit of the largest number, and not appropriated by a privileged few in their never ending quest to satisfy their greed. We are on this mission together, and I assure you of a firm commitment to the ideals of a safe, secure, fair, just and prosperous country.
11. We have had our challenges: security, economic, political, social. But we are resolved to combat and overcome them all.
12. I appreciate your support and collaboration in previous years, and look forward to same in 2019, and beyond, as I hope you will renew the mandate you overwhelmingly gave us in 2015, for another term.
13. We are motivated by nothing other than service to motherland, and service without selfishness or personal interest.
14. I can assure you all that we are making steady and sustainable progress in all areas of national life. Those who are unbiased can see and appreciate the progress the country has made since 2015.
14. A New Year provides opportunity for renewal of commitment, and I invite you to rededicate yourselves to the vision of a Nigeria that works for all.
15. We are moving from potentials to actualization, and it’s a task to be accomplished by us all; man, woman, young, old, military, civilian, all Nigerians.
Please come along, as we journey to the land of our dreams. Happy 2019.
17. Thank you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. Opinion articles, comments are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of BlazeNewz while we endeavour to keep the information accurate with objectivity as we adhere to global practice of journalism. Read our full Disclaimer.
Politics7 months ago
Breaking: Appeal Court Sacks Ekiti APC Senator, Adeyeye Declares PDP, Olujimi Winner
News7 months ago
I’m Not Afraid Of Death– Obasanjo
Politics1 year ago
Rivers Guber ”In The End, It Will Be A Sweet Victory” Wike Tells Party Members
Foreign2 months ago
Breaking : another virus, hantavirus surfaces in china
Politics10 months ago
2023 Presidency : Northern Youths Drum Support For Tinubu, Lambast El-Rufai Over Zoning Comment
Sponsored Posts1 year ago
Come And Learn Yoruba Traditional Druming and Dancing
Crime Or Court1 year ago
O’Level Scandal : Court Adjourns Adeleke’s Trial To April 2
News10 months ago
Under Investment In education,Healthcare Caused Insecurity -Buhari