Come And Learn Yoruba Traditional Druming and Dancing

502

AYANLEKE DRUMS AND CULTURAL ACADEMY

The common instrumental platform of West African music in general of which southern Nigerian music is a part,is the rhythm. Rhythmic influence is at the heart of the music of this region, with the drum being the key instrumental driver of the traditional music of Southern Nigeria. Almost every traditional form of music in southern Nigeria has the drum as a central force. While exceptions do exist, these are few and largely found in purely vocal arrangements.

This is why at our academy we give outstanding rudiment of druming to our students, which make in order to keep them mentally strong for druming which requires energy these are the reasons why our students perform excellently in druming.

TYPES OF DRUMS WE TEACH
1. Talking Drum
2. Omele
3. Banda

This academy also teaches Yorubal dance such as Bata dance which is One of the types of Yoruba traditional dance, this dance is known not only for its cheerful, acrobatic style but also for the drums that accompany it.

Gese Dance
Gese is a religious dance that originated from the Yorubaland of western Nigeria and gets its name from a type of drum. Its famous sources come specifically from the towns of Okeigbo and Ifetedo in the southwest region of Nigeria. It is grounded in complex drum rhythms that only trained dancers can expertly perform in a way that truly represents the religious customs of the people. The movements represent a holistic view of life that is enshrined in the people’s religious practices. Gese dancing is also used to praise various Yoruba gods; each deity has its own drum beat that dancers move to as they honor their god.

Founder of AYANLEKE DRUMS AND CULTURAL ACADEMY known as Ayanleke Waheed has participated in several inter-state competition and has be decorated with different about for being a wonderful drumer in Yoruba land.

Venue of Training : Timi Ede Palace, Ede.Osun State.
Days : Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Time of Training : 3pm to 6pm.

CONTACT AYANLEKE ON
+234 7038761066

26 thoughts on “Come And Learn Yoruba Traditional Druming and Dancing

1. pozycjonowanie stron

*Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I?d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don?t mind. Natually I?ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

2. fastwebdesign

It’s really a cool and helpful piece of information.
    I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with
    us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

3. best way to do business

May I just say what a comfort to find somebody who truly understands what they are discussing over the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you aren’t more popular since you certainly possess the gift.

https://www.manumanu.com – manu manumanu

4. best way to do business

May I simply say what a relief to discover somebody that truly knows what they are discussing on the net. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people must look at this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you aren’t more popular given that you definitely have the gift.

http:///www.manulescu.com – manu manumanu

5. ugly christmas sweater girls

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it
    with someone!

6. t shirt 99

I like the helpful information you supply to your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more here regularly.
    I am moderately sure I will be told a lot of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

7. t shirt bodysuit

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem along with your website
    in web explorer, may check this? IE still is the market chief and a huge element of folks will omit your great writing due
    to this problem.